Ways of The Prophet (S.A.W)by Sheikh Muhammad Abdul Hai Arifi
The Lord’s preface Hadis-e-Qudsi
In Sahih Bukhari, there is a tradition related on the authority of ‘Ata’ (Radi Allaahu Ta’ala Anhu) which comprehends the majority of the noble traits of Character of the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam). Some of these find a mention in the Holy QURAAN also. The [Hadis-e-Qudsi] is as following:
- O’ Prophet! We have surely sent you a witness, a bringer of good tidings (for the obedient), a warner (for these who are astray) and a protector for the Ummis.
- You are my chosen servant and Messenger
- I have named you the ‘Trusting’, since you trust me in every matter
- You are neither rough mannered, nor hard hearted.
- Nor do you uproar in the market place.
- You never requite evil for evil.
- but forgive and overlook (Meaning thereby that you put into practice the QURAANIC command ment: Requite evil with good)
- ALLAAH will not give you death till He has brought your stray nation on the right path through you (i.e. until they become true Muslims by reciting the Kalimah. There is no deity but ALLAAH and Muhammad is His Messenger);
- and has given light to the blind eyes of the believers; and has opened their deaf ears and closed hearts In some traditions following additional merits have been mentioned.
- I will refine you with all that is noble:
- and endow you with every noble habit;
- and will make tranquility your attire and trait (like inner wearing clinging to the body).
- and piety your conscince;
- and wisdom the substances of your thought and knowledge;
- and truthfulness and sincerity your nature;
- and forgiveness and good works your custom;
- and justice your practice, truth your rule, righteousness your guide and forge the followers of ISLAM into a ‘millat’ (community).
- your name is Ahmad.
- through you I will show the people right path after deviation from it:
- and bestow knowledge and wisdom upon them after their complete ignorance;
- through you I will raise my creatures from the abysmal to the zenith of perfection;
- through you I will bestow loftiness on my creatures after they have been ignorant and unconscious of the truth;
- through you as their guide, I will enlarge the number of your followers which is now small;
- through you I will change their poverty and destitution into affluence.
- through you I will create accord and harmony between antagonists, confused minds and disunited nations; and
- will make your “Ummah” the best Ummah for the guidance of mankind. May ALLAAH bless him and his family and Companions all (Madarij-un-Nubuwah)